TThis is the first in a series of posts about the planning and execution of my daughter’s third birthday party. You can read all of the posts in this series here.
The inspiration board below pulls together a series of images I have been collecting in preparation for the party (click the image to view larger). In truth, there’s too much inspiration out there. Rainbows are universally loved, and their brightly-colored exuberance are perfect symbols of childhood. The tough part for me will be committing to a few executable ideas, or asking for help, which I am loath to do. I learned last year that the food prep for these events is a multi-day commitment in and of itself (because I make as much as I can from scratch). This means that the decorating ideas and little details that mean so much to me have to be well chosen, or they won’t get done.
Image sources (left to right)
- (1) 20 Layer Rainbow Cake from Chocolatesuze
- (2) DIY Colorful Mobiles by Jordan Ferney
- (3) Magic soda from iVillage
- (1) Rainbows and Ruffles Party from Hip Hooray
- (2) Rainbow Pancakes from i am mommy
- (3) Pretzel Crayons from Parties by Hardie